Hands On Human Anatomy for learners ages 6-16
Join us in the lab to see human anatomy up close and in person!
In this very special half day offering we will give students a chance to see and touch real human specimens from our plastinate and wet specimen collections. By getting to see and touch the anatomy inside all of us, students will have a greater appreciation for how body systems work and how disease processes can happen. Students walk away with a greater sense of awe and wonder for their bodies and encouragement to continue studying life sciences.
Our plastinates are real human specimens created by the makers of Body Worlds that render human tissue perfectly preserved in a dry odorless form that still demonstrates the beauty and intricacies of real anatomy. Wet specimens are the chemically preserved organs and bones that have been collected from some of our cadaver dissections. These include the full organ pack as well as multiple examples of many organs so students can see normal variation as well as pathologies.
Next Dates: February 5, 2024 + April 8 2024
Program Schedule: 3 hours
- Introduction to the lab and how we get specimen
- Plastinate Show and Tell with customized information to suit group.
- Opportunity to Explore Visible Body Virtual Reality system and/or assemble human bone puzzle
- Break for bag lunch (please bring from home)
- Wet Specimen Collection with comparative and pathological anatomy
Minimum of 15 students, max of 30 students.
$100 per student, 20% discount for families enrolling more than one child with discount code: CHILD20
Video of our lab and youth programs